Sunday 26 October 2008

Chilly Bum-Bums.

I love this weather! I'm a winter person-much happier containing my layers of cellulite in cashmere than flaunting what God gave me in pink hotpants (heaven forbid!!!!) so this current cold snap suits me very well. I have invested in some new woolens to warm my bits whilst I live out my last days working at Dunster. Dunster, as anyone who has visited will know is set up on a hill on Exmoor. The weather blows in from the sea and whips a chill up my skirts whilst I am on the mountainside trying to be charming to visitors. I was happy to arrive home today to a prime example of pre-war pastry making as practised by my rather talented Mother. I am now unable to move for the fear of bursting all over the carpet. The threat of obesity bangs at my door like a bailiff.
I spent yesterday roaming the lanes and painting which kept me out of trouble for the evening. I have some markets coming up before the festive season so there is plenty to do. (Example of my effort above). This evening calls for a large Whiskey to herald a new adaptation of 'Little Dorrit' my all time favourite Dickens novel............I hope they do it justice.

1 comment:

Woo Gilchrist said...

Hi there,

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I have enjoyed reading yours.

I have visited Dunster - it's a lovely place, and I love Exmoor too.

I am also a winter person so absolutely subscribe to the 'cashmere' thing. That did make me chuckle.

Keep up the good work!

Woo.x