Friday 24 October 2008

Gardener's World.

My current state of mock retirement (laziness) has found me tucked up with a hotwater bottle enjoying 'Gardener's World'. I don't have anywhere to grow things at present as I'm housesitting for family until next spring-infact my horticultual knowledge is limited to lettuces and my potted herb garden. However, I watch GW religiously, despite the fact that I have almost no idea what they are talking about. I have no idea when to plant or pot or prune but do so love the presenters collective healthy outoor glow. It is slow moving, genteel, calm-without lurid graphics or intrusive incidental music-and better than anything else assumes that the viewer 'knows his onions' rather than patronising the heck out of the viewer. Of course, I don't 'know my onions'...but I'm certainly going to learn!

1 comment:

BusyLizzie said...

welcome to blog land, looking forward to hearing more!
Not a great day for gardening today!
cheers, Lizzie